Ibsen is your reliable, stable supplier of higest quality Phase masks with over 15 years of product and market experience.
Phase masks are the production tool used to write gratings in fibers and waveguides. Ibsen's Phase masks package unbeatable, interferometric (holographic) patterning technology into the production friendly Phase mask.
Ibsen Phase mask Features
- Holographically patterned, RIE etched.
- 100% Class 10 cleanroom production
- 0.01 nm period accuracy and uniformity
- Uniform period, or with continuous, linear chirp
- +1/-1 and 0/-1 order principles
- Extensive metrology (grating period, diffraction efficiency, cleanliness)
- Clear, on-mask identification
- Cleaning solutions
Below is a product overview including a brief description - you can also access these through the navigator at left.
- +1/-1 order Phase masks
- Also often known as FBG Phase masks, Ibsen offers +1/-1 order Phase masks for replicating Bragg grating structures into fibers (FBGs) and waveguides. Holographic production techniques yield Phase masks that are inherently free of stitching errors, and provide continuous, linear chirp as an option. Period accuracy and uniformity is better than 0.01 nm. Phase masks are custom produced, with 0. order suppressed for the required illumination wavelength and polarization. Each Phase mask has identifying parameters individually specified on the Phase mask substrate.
- 0/-1 order Phase masks
- Also known as NFH Phase masks, Ibsen offers 0/-1 order Phase masks which are ideal for writing grating periods that, as a rule of thumb, are less than twice the illumination wavelength, in which case the 0. order of a +1/-1 order Phase mask cannot be well supressed. For wafer-based grating production, the Nearfield Holography (NFH) technique is ideal in a production environment as it employs a mask aligner approach. A mask aligner specially modified for the technology is commercially available from Suss MicroTec. Ibsen offers 0/-1 order Phase masks with periods down to 200 nm.
- 2D Phase masks
- 2D Phase masks allow for production-friendly 1-step exposure of 2D grating structures over large grating areas. Ibsen's +/- 0.01 nm period accuracy further enhances customer manufacturing performance and yield. The Phase masks can be used either with simple laser illumination or in a volume production oriented NFH mask aligner process.
- Phase mask cleaning services
- Phase masks may become contaminated during use - an effective cleaning process is important in ensuring longest possible lifetime of the Phase mask. Ibsen offers Cleaning Services of your Phase mask, optionally with an extensive evaluation of the Phase mask defect level before and after cleaning.
- NFH Technology services
- NFH Technology is a unique grating manufacturing technology for volume production of gratings on planar wafers. In addition to NFH Phase masks, Ibsen also offers our customers numerous services to help implement NFH technology.
- Grating foundry services
- Ibsen also offers grating foundry services by multiple technologies.